Swim: 9.4 miles
Bike: 159.9 miles
Run: 58 miles
As I started out on my long run Sunday, I got to thinking. That's a bad habit when you run a lot, that thinking. While I'm sure its a good thing that I am already at my max running time for half ironman training, its probably a little over kill, yes? I wanted to do an hour forty-five but thought better of it and came in at one forty. I know. Big compromise, but if you tack on the 5 minutes of walking or so at the end, it was really a bit shorter.
I'm all signed up for the Atlanta Beat's Race to Empower a Bold Community next weekend. I'm looking forward to using this race to see how my running legs are. Should be fun. Right after the race, I have to take off for Savannah GA to pick up Jimmy and take him to visit Georgia Southern. I've never been to Savannah and am looking forward to it.
Finally, Julie over at Julie's Running Blog tagged me to tell you 10 interesting things about myself you might not know. Here we go:
- My childhood nickname was beer can. I wonder why?
- The nuns in grade school called me absent minded professor.
- The nuns said I would make a good priest. LOL...
- My first car was Ford Zephyr stick shift.
- I graduated from the University of South Alabama with a degree in business.
- I am the second of four children (B, B, G, B)
- Choosing to live by my principles requires will power, every day.
- Sometimes, I'm too easy going for my own good.
- I have never broken a bone (now I'm in trouble)
- I have a birth mark on my backside just beneath my left hip. Those of you I have mooned of course already know this.
First six people that want to do this one, go!
I had a recovery ride yesterday. 47 minutes of Zone 1 and 2. Not sure what I was expecting, but I was not expecting a TRIMP value of 27. That's pretty darn light, but its GOOD TO KNOW.
Over the hump... Week end, dead ahead :-)